Each Division (U11,U13, U15(No HS Players), JV, Varsity, Elite) will be broken into different pools (as necessary). Each team will play the other teams in their pool. Each team will be ranked according to pool play and seeded for the playoffs. All teams will have at least 4 full length games (weather permitting*) on full regulation Bermuda grass fields.
- Mouth guards, arm pads, gloves, helmets, and shoulder pads are required
- Players may only play for one team during the tournament.
- Any fighting of flagrant disrespect towards an official will result in expulsion for the remainder of the game and possibly the tournament. No exceptions, no refunds!
- Please remember all teams came from far and near expecting to play a certain number of games and we rely on the professionalism and sportsmanship of all coaches involved to hold that commitment.
- All rules will be in accordance with NFHS and US Lacrosse standards
- 20 sec / 10 sec clearing rule for ages U13 and up – 20 seconds to clear the ball from your defensive end. 10 seconds to get into the offensive box
- 24 minute running halves, with a 3 minute halftime
- 1 Timeout per game; 1 minute duration; Game clock will stop
- Clock is start/stop under 2 minutes if the score differential is three goals or less.
- Referees will keep Game time. Penalty time will be kept in the box.
- Penalty time is start/stop
- In the event of a tie, teams will play one continuous sudden victory overtime period. No time-outs permitted in overtime. A one minute break will be given before overtime. NO BRAVEHEARTS
- There are no mandatory stick checks. However, the head coach may request a stick check. If the stick is found to be legal, the challenging team will be charged a time out. If no timeout remains, a delay of game technical foul will be assessed.
- Decisions on the field are the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
- Any coach or player ejected from a game will not be allowed to participate in the following scheduled game for their team.
- Teams that appear to be stalling will be warned to keep the ball in the box. All teams with a lead must keep the ball in the box for the last two minutes of the game.
- Fouling Out: Any player who accumulates 4 personal fouls or 5 minutes in personal foul penalty time shall be disqualified from the game.
U11, U13 and U15 Specific Rules
- 2015/16 US Lacrosse Youth Rules (Points of Emphasis)
- Checks to head/neck may result in multiple minutes and/or non-releasable
- Unnecessary roughness penalties are non-releasable
- Equipment: goalies must wear arm pads. All players must wear protective cup.
- Three-yard rule: All stick checks, body checks, legal holds, and legal pushes must be on a player in possession of the ball or within three yards of a loose ball.
- No take-out checks.
- Mercy rule in effect for U11 only. If a team goes up by 6 goals, a free clear is awarded to the team that is behind.
- Two Minute Stall Rule:
- U15 and U13 – The Final Two Minute stalling rule shall be ENFORCEDfor these Divisions
- U11- The Final Two Minute stalling rule shall be WAIVED.
Playoffs will be seeded by win/loss record (Win Percentage). In the event of a tie the following will be used to determine seeding:
- Goals Against
- Goals For
- Goal Differential
- Coin Flip
Division Breakdown for Playoffs:
- HS Elite – 4 teams, 1 pool. All teams make playoffs. 2 games guaranteed Sunday.
- HS Varsity – 4 pools of 4 teams. Top 2 from each Pool advance to GOLD Bracket. Bottom 2 from each pool to SILVER Bracket. Each will play in an 8 team playoff to crown a Champion. Bracket Positions are Pre-Set based on pools to ensure new opponents. Teams will NOT be re-seeded after advancing from Pool.
- HS JV – 2 pools of 4 teams. 8 team playoff.
- U15 – 1 pool of 5. Top team gets a BYE. All teams make playoff
- U13 – 2 pools of 3. All teams make playoff with top seed from each pool getting a bye.
- U11 – 1 pool of 5. Top team gets a BYE. All teams make playoff
Inclement weather is out of the control of the tournament directors, officials and site managers.
In the event of thunder and/or lightening, all games will be suspended for 20 min from the last occurrence. Games will resume at their regularly scheduled time
In the event of heavy rain, it is up to the tournament directors, officials, and the site managers as to whether the conditions are deemed safe to play on.