The Under Armour Impact Academy
Corrigan Sports Enterprises, the machine behind the Under Armour All-America event, is bringing back the Impact Academy experience in the New Year. High school athletes from across the country will travel to Tampa, Fla. to be part of an unforgettable lacrosse weekend from January 8–9, 2022. This third annual event provides one-on-one instruction from many of the biggest names in the sport.
This year’s star-studded cast of featured clinicians include:
· Gary Gait — Syracuse, Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach
· Kevin Corrigan — Notre Dame, Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach
· John Tillman — Maryland, Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach
· Steele Stanwick — Virginia, all-time leading scorer and 2011 Tewaaraton Trophy winner
· Tom Marechek — Syracuse, four-time All-America attackman
· Brian Dougherty — Maryland, three-time MLL Goaltender of the Year
· Kayla Treanor — Syracuse, Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
· Cathy Reese — Maryland, Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
· Mandy O’Leary — Florida, Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
· Pat McCabe — Adelphi, Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
· Kara Reber — Florida Southern, Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
· Mary Schwartz — Former Roanoke, Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
Players will be put through a battery of physical tests with the results tabulated to provide their “Impact Score.” This is a unique formula crafted by CSE’s clinician team and sports performance partner, Premier Sports. CSE intends on releasing a full video explaining the elements that go in to determining each athlete’s Impact Score.
Lee Corrigan, President of Corrigan Sports, commented that, “We’re super excited to be back in sunny Florida for the third annual Impact Academy. This
event should be a can’t miss for parents and players alike. This is truly a unique instructional experience for the athletes where they’re put through a series of drills run by high level college coaches. By the end of the day the kids are worn out! It’s a college lacrosse practice led by the nation’s elite. For the parents, we provide a rare opportunity for them to interact with the coaches, NCAA compliance representative and sports psychologist. As a father of a former college lacrosse player, I view this as a great opportunity to ask a ton of questions as your son or daughter takes their journey through the college recruiting process.”
At the conclusion of the drills portion of the schedule all athletes will be placed on teams for a series of games. These teams will be led by coaches from NCAA Division II and III programs.
To learn more about the 2022 event, visit: https://www.underarmourlacrosse.com/uaaa-2022/impactacademy/
— — — — — –
Corrigan Sports Enterprises is a full-service sports marketing and event management company with 20+ full-time employees. Based out of Elkridge, MD, CSE owns and operates events such as The Baltimore Running Festival, Under Armour All-America Lacrosse, Oakland (CA) Running Festival, The National Cup Championship series, Baltimore Ten Miler, The Bay Bridge Run and many more. www.corrigansports.com