Each Division will be broken into different pools (as necessary).
Each team will play the other teams in their pool.
Following pool play, top teams from each pool (or division) will play in the championship.
All teams will play three(3) full length games (weather permitting*) on full regulation fields.
- Mouth guards, arm pads, gloves, helmets, and shoulder pads are required.
- Any fighting of flagrant disrespect towards an official will result in expulsion for the remainder of the game and possibly the tournament. No exceptions, no refunds!
- Please remember all teams come from far and near expecting to play a certain number of games and we rely on the professionalism and sportsmanship of all coaches involved to hold that commitment.
- All rules will be in accordance with NCAA and US Lacrosse standards
- 30 sec clearing rule for divisions 2029 and up – 30 seconds to clear the ball from your defensive end across the midline. The clearing team is NOT required to “touch the ball into the box”.
- 30 count may be WAIVED FOR 2030/31.
- Two 22 minute running halves, with a 5 minute halftime
- 1 Timeout per half; 1 minute duration; Game clock will stop.
- Clock is start/stop under 2 minutes if the score differential is three goals or less.
- Referees will keep Game time. Penalty time will be kept in the box.
- Penalty time is start/stop
- NO GAMES WILL END IN A TIE
- 1 minute break allowed at the end of regulation
- A 5 minute over time period will be played to Sudden Victory
- There are no mandatory stick checks. However, the head coach may request a stick check. If the stick is found to be legal, the challenging team will be charged a time out. If no timeout remains, a delay of game technical foul will be assessed.
- Decisions on the field are the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
- NO CREASE DIVES
- NO MOTORCYCLE GRIPS OR KNEE DOWN ON FACE-OFFS
- Any coach or player ejected from a game will not be allowed to participate in the following scheduled game for their team.
- Teams that appear to be stalling will be given a “Timer ON” warning. The attacking team will have 30 seconds to take a shot on goal. Any shot that hits the goalie or the pipe will reset the stall warning. It will be up to the referee’s discretion to give another “Timer ON” warning if the attacking team retains possession.
- Fouling Out: Any player who accumulates 4 personal fouls or 5 minutes in personal foul penalty time shall be disqualified from the game.
- 2021/22 US Lacrosse Youth Rules (Points of Emphasis)
- Checks to head/neck may result in multiple minutes and/or non-releasable
- Unnecessary roughness penalties are non-releasable
- Equipment: All players must wear protective cup.
- Long Poles: You may use long poles in ALL divisions.
- Three-yard rule: All stick checks, body checks, legal holds, and legal pushes must be on a player in possession of the ball or within three yards of a loose ball.
- No take-out checks.
- Mercy rule in effect for 2030 and 2031 only. If a team goes up by 8 goals in the second half, a free clear is awarded to the team that is behind.
Cancellation Policy: This event may be cancelled due to occurrences beyond the control of Corrigan Sports and site management. Situations, such as, public safety, health concerns and municipal directives, etc. apply. No refunds will be issued for such cancellations. *Partial refunds or Credits to a future CSE tournament may be considered.
Weather Policy: Inclement weather is out of the control of the tournament directors, officials, and site managers. In the event of thunder and/or lightning, all games will be suspended for 20 minutes from the last occurrence. Games will resume at their regularly schedule times. Cancelled games may not be rescheduled. If weather disrupts scheduled games, Management has the authority to adjust the schedule as needed, including, shortening games, adjusting the schedule, etc. In the event of extreme weather, once the event has started, it is up to the tournament directors, officials, and the site managers as to whether the conditions are deemed safe to play on. All decisions final. No refunds will be issued for game cancellations, due to “acts of God” (i.e. rain, severe wind and/or thunder and lightning).
Should the event be cancelled, in its entirety, due to weather conditions out of the control of Management, *Partial refunds or Credits to a future CSE tournament may be considered. CSE is NOT responsible for any other expenses incurred by teams/clubs.
*(Please Understand CSE incurs substantial non-refundable costs in preparation for the event. The withheld amount will help to offset some of these expenses)