HS Divisions (2018-2021) – Showcase Format. No Playoff
Youth Divisions (2026-2022) will be broken into different pools (as necessary). Each team will play the other teams in their pool. Each team will be ranked according to pool play and seeded for the playoffs. All teams will have at least 4 full length games (weather permitting*)
- All rules will be in accordance with NFHS and US Lacrosse standards
- 20 sec / 10 sec clearing rule for divisions 2025 and up – 20 seconds to clear the ball from your defensive end. 10 seconds to get into the offensive box
- 20/10 count WAIVED FOR 2026
- 24 minute running halves, with a 3 minute halftime
- 1 Timeout per HALF; 1 minute duration; Game clock will stop. TO’s do NOT carry over to 2nd half, if not use.
- Clock is start/stop under 2 minutes if the score differential is three goals or less.
- NEW in 2017(Federation) – If a team is up by 5 or more, ‘KEEP IT IN’ the box is waived under the final 2 minutes.
- Referees will keep Game time. Penalty time will be kept in the box.
- Penalty time is start/stop
- In the event of a tie, teams will play one continuous sudden victory overtime period. No time-outs permitted in overtime. A one minute break will be given before overtime. NO BRAVEHEARTS
- There are no mandatory stick checks. However, the head coach may request a stick check. If the stick is found to be legal, the challenging team will be charged a time out. If no timeout remains, a delay of game technical foul will be assessed.
- Decisions on the field are the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
- Any coach or player ejected from a game will not be allowed to participate in the following scheduled game for their team.
- Teams that appear to be stalling will be warned to keep the ball in the box. All teams with a lead must keep the ball in the box for the last two minutes of the game.
- Fouling Out: Any player who accumulates 4 personal fouls or 5 minutes in personal foul penalty time shall be disqualified from the game.
2026-2022 Specific Rules
- US Lacrosse Youth Rules (Points of Emphasis)
- Checks to head/neck may result in multiple minutes and/or non-releasable
- Unnecessary roughness penalties are non-releasable
- No take-out checks.
- Limited body checking at the 2025 & 2026 levels
- Long poles at the 2026 levels CANNOT be more than 54″
- Equipment: goalies must wear arm pads. All players must wear protective cup.
- Three-yard rule: All stick checks, body checks, legal holds, and legal pushes must be on a player in possession of the ball or within three yards of a loose ball.
- Mercy rule in effect for 2026 only. If a team goes up by 6 goals, a free clear is awarded to the team that is behind.
- Two Minute Stall Rule:
- 2025-2022: The Final Two Minute stalling rule shall be ENFORCED for these Divisions
- 2026 The Final Two Minute stalling rule shall be WAIVED.
Playoff Seeding (Youth only)
Playoffs will be seeded by Win Percentage based on win/loss record. In the event of a tie the following will be used to determine seeding:
- Goals Against
- Goals For
- Goal Differential
- Coin Flip
Inclement weather is out of the control of the tournament directors, officials and site managers. In the event of thunder and/or lightening, all games will be suspended for 20 min from the last occurrence. Games will resume at their regularly scheduled time
In the event of heavy rain, it is up to the tournament directors, officials, and the site managers as to whether the conditions are deemed safe to play on.